Monday 23 May 2016

Cows in MainStreet Budapest


I heard the cows before I saw them as I was walking down one of the main streets of Budapest!

I have no idea what this is about at all, only that I was standing at the traffic lights and heard some distressed mooing.

I looked around and saw a light truck transporting a couple of cows. For the rest of the morning I kept noticing them - sometimes in horse floats, on trailers and once a larger truck with around a dozen quite agitated beasts making their presence known.


It may have something to do with the farmers who brought their cows into town on April 4th 2016 "to protest cheap imports and tax evasion which they say are destroying fair competition and blocking their access to local markets".
Or it may not.

It attracted my attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment